In this special episode of Working People, we chat with world-renowned economist Richard D. Wolff about how the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated changes to the terrain of work, how we define "working class," and what we need to do to build a broad, diverse, and strong working-class politics in the 21st century.
Additional links/info below...
- Join our Working People listener hang session on Monday, August 16, from 8-9:30pm ET! Here's the zoom link
- Professor Wolff's website, Facebook page, and Twitter page
- Democracy @ Work's website, YouTube channel, Facebook page, and Twitter page
- Richard D. Wolff, Democracy at Work, The Sickness is the System: When Capitalism Fails to Save Us from Pandemics or Itself
- Maximillian Alvarez, The Real News Network, "Richard Wolff: Capitalism is holding 'all of us hostage'"
Permanent links below...
- Working People Patreon page
- Leave us a voicemail and we might play it on the show!
- Labor Radio / Podcast Network website, Facebook page, and Twitter page
- In These Times website, Facebook page, and Twitter page
- The Real News Network website, YouTube channel, podcast feeds, Facebook page, and Twitter page
Featured Music (all songs sourced from the Free Music Archive: freemusicarchive.org)
- Jules Taylor, "Working People Theme Song"
- Elder Flower, "Capital Letters"
This content originally appeared on In These Times and was authored by Maximillian Alvarez.