Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Hurricane Ian threatens life-threatening storm surge in and around Tampa, Florida; 2.5 million under evacuation orders
- January 6 Committee delays tomorrow’s hearing, citing Hurricane Ian
- Bipartisan Senate support to revise 100 year old Electoral Count law
- Russia reports huge majority votes in its Ukrainian referenda; Western nations denounce vote as a sham
- West Virginia Democrat Joe Manchin withdraws “dirty” pipeline provision to avoid deadlock on stopgap government spending bill
- Striking SFO and Kaiser workers testify at San Francisco Supervisors meeting
Image:NOAA.gov Image viewer
The post Hurricane Ian set to strike Florida as massive storm; Climate justice activists cheer as Senator Manchin drops pipeline permitting proposal; Electoral Count law revisions set to clear Senate: The Pacifica Evening News, Weekdays – September 27, 2022 appeared first on KPFA.
This content originally appeared on KPFA - The Pacifica Evening News, Weekdays and was authored by KPFA.