While a federal minimum wage increase would affect millions of workers and the social fabric, it would have particular impact on one "essential" yet somehow expendable group: Black women.
- Michelle Holder on Black Women & Minimum Wage, Alice O’Connor on the War on Poverty
- Mitch Jones on Texas Freeze-Outs, Joe Torres on News for All the People
- Celine McNicholas and Joanne Doroshow on Forced Arbitration, Kate Bronfrenbrenner on NLRB
- Ending the Forever Wars: Phyllis Bennis on Afghanistan, Hyun Lee on Korea
- Basav Sen on Biden Climate Policy, Hannah Sassaman on Prometheus v. FCC
- Kimberly Inez McGuire on Abortion Realities, Bama Athreya on Defending Gig Workers
- Chris Savage, Talia Buford & Peggy Case on Flint Water Crisis
- Keri Leigh Merritt on the New Lost Cause, Elisabeth Rosenthal on Troubled Vaccine Rollout
- Dorothee Benz on January 6 Insurrection, Mara Verheyden-Hilliard on Police Responsibility
Support Independent Media
Make a monthly donation of any amount to support independent media.
We never take money from corporations, keeping our focus on people, not profits.